It's that's time of the week in my house again, midweek family dinner! And it's my turn this week 😄
This week I get to make the main and dessert. I'm so happy that the kitchen will just be mine. I've actually chased my sister out of the kitchen already. Twice (I have no shame saying that)
So, I decided to do a lamb one pot dish (because one pot meals are the way forward, trust me 😉).
We literally ate this this evening and I just couldn't wait to share this recipe with you guys. It's such a ridiculously simple, super hearty, family friendly dish... That's was a mouthful, but you get me. I know you do
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3 fat garlic cloves, crushed
* 200g lamb mince
* 200g diced lamb
* 3 tbsp curry paste
* 400g can chopped tomatoes
* 2 large potatoes cut into cubes
* 1 tin of sliced mushrooms
* Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins to soften. Add the garlic, stir for 1 min, then add the lamb. Cook until nicely browned, then stir in the curry paste, tomatoes, potatoes and half a can of water. Season well (I added salt, stork cube, cayenne pepper and chilli flakes), then cover with a lid and simmer for 20 mins or until the potatoes are nearly cooked.
* Remove the lid and simmer for a further 10-15 mins until the liquid has reduced and the sauce clings to the potatoes and lamb. Add the mushrooms stir through then serve with the warm wraps and yogurt or sour cream.
And for dessert, I really wanted to try this recipe I found in Chef In Training. It's meant to be The BEST Criossant Bread Pudding
It looks amazing, smells amazing and tastes AMAZING!! You definitely need to try this one out. Thank me later. Really
Can we all just try to ignore the fact that I forgot to take a picture of my dessert? Thanks
Until next week,
Labels: bloggerclubuk, bread pudding, cookblogshare, croissants, desserts, dinner, family, lamb, LuchiBakes, midweek, potatoes