Valentine's Day Treats

As you all know, Valentine's Day is next weekend. And I'm sure you'll want to make something easy and quick. So you can just relax and enjoy your other half's company

Well, I have 2 easy recipes that are both my go to when I just want quick, no fuss snacks. I made both yesterday and it's all gone now but I think my family love me more right now haha (you can always get them with food, remember that)


Anyway, down to business...



1. 2 Ingredients Palmiers - 20 servings

INGREDIENTS:
1x Sheet Puff Pastry, Thawed
3 Tablespoon Nutella

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 200ºC. Gently roll the puff pastry to flatten the folds. Spread the nutella (YUM) over the entire surface of the puff pastry.
 Fold two opposite ends of the pastry sheet toward the middle, 1/4 of the way in. Fold each side in again so the folded edges touch. Then fold the puff pastry over one more time, creating a rolled stack, 6 layers high. As shown below


Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into four equal sections (I tried). Then cut each section into 5 thin pieces


Lay the rolled pieces flat on a baking sheet/tray, 3 inches apart. Bake for 15–20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve!

Note: These, conveniently come out heart shaped. So they taste amazing & make you look good. Sorted!

2. 3 Ingredients Brownies - 16 brownies

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cup (13 oz.) Nutella
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line & coat an 8x8-inch tin with foil & butter

In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into prepared dish and smooth top with spatula

Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful not to over-bake, otherwise the brownies will dry out. Let cool before cutting and serving

So, there you have it. Two easy snack recipes for you to try out. If you're anything like me, you'll use Valentine's Day as an excuse to indulge

**DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THESE RECIPES. I'VE JUST SEEN THEM EVERYWHERE, I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER WHERE I FIRST SAW THEM.

This post has been shared with:

Link up your recipe of the weekCharlotte's Lively Kitchen - Food Year Linkup
CookBlogShare
Cuddle FairyThe Mummy Toolbox

Labels: , , , , , , ,