Marble Butter Cake

With so many cake recipes out there to choose from, I decided to share with you my go to cake recipe

This cake comes out moist and with so much flavour every time, its unreal!

I made this cake for an impromptu order I got on the bus home last week. Can you believe it? The lady literally approached me randomly and asked if I made cakes. I was too shocked to reply for a few seconds haha! I mean, who wouldn't be right?


Anyway, turns out she wasn't a stalker, Phew! she'd seen me at my market days previously. She wanted a square cake for her son's 8th birthday

So, down to business... Marble Butter Cake

INGREDIENTS
 Yield: 2- 8" Square Cake Layers
INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease the cake tins

Mix cocoa powder with half of the milk and leave aside

In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar till soft and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition

In another separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt 3 times. Fold in the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with milk, starting and ending with flour

Finally add in vanilla essence and combine well. Transfer 1/3 of the batter into a separate bowl and add the milk-cocoa mixture to it. Mix well

Scoop the plain batter and chocolate batter alternately into the cake tins. Run a jam knife or spatula through the batter to get a marbled effect. You can either run the knife in a circular motion or run the knife through the batter in crisscross pattern. Level the top and bake the cakes for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cakes come out clean

Remove cakes from oven and let them cool completely before decorating

Labels: , , , , , , ,